I am sure you recall the old movie scene where the prospective car buyer or the so-called “Tire Kicker” would walk through a dealership kicking the tires a few times on the cars that they liked, but not doing any buying. Enter the Facebook Generation and we find a new crowd! They are landing, LIKING and Kicking Facebook company pages! The difference with these new school “Tire Kickers” is that they want to buy, and they buy often! Hubspot recently released a list of facts on Facebook marketing backing why they really “LIKE US” and why businesses should like them back!
- There are over 950 million people on Facebook worldwide
- 500 million users log into Facebook each day
- 51% of fans are more likely to purchase from brands they “Like” on Facebook
- 56% of people are more likely to recommend a brand after becoming a fan on Facebook
- 70% of Facebook consumers follow links posted by family and friends
- 77% of B2C and 43% of B2B Companies acquire customers from Facebook
- 80% of US social network users prefer to connect to brands through Facebook